Naturally Healthy Skincare products!

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Halloween and the Soapie Fall Collection 2016








I was Recently back in the Soapie Kitchen whipping up another soap for the Fall 2016 Collection.
One of the many reminders of Fall/Halloween is Candy corn. I'm not a fan of this candy however it is one of my memories of Fall and the Halloween holiday.
If you look around at the many decorations for Fall/Halloween there is always something with candy corn in it or part of it. So, I thought this year I would make a Festive Candy corn Soap.



I remember as a kid dressing up for Halloween and going to school and having fun games, a parade and a fun party! All pure Fun! I remember going to the Halloween Family fun night with a spooky haunted house through the all the classrooms and library, costume contest, bozo bucket, tons of games and food provided by the PTA moms! We would trick or Treat for many hours with our pillow cases holding all our yummy candy, even the gross candy that the neighborhood cat lady gave us or the pennies and Nickels we were given. We never worried about being harmed or poisoned. Our parents didn't forbid us or scare us with Halloween being wicked or unholy. It was just about being a kid having fun with friends, siblings, parents, neighborhood kids and being silly with our costumes!
Halloween has to be one of my all time favorite holidays because its the one time of the year that you can get dressed up and look silly, along with everyone else and have fun! Oh and lets not forget about the candy and yummy rice krispy treats Mom makes!

My first Soap in the Fall collection is Harvest Hay ride- Its made with Olive oil, shea butter, Jojoba oil  and coconut oil topped of with Calendula. Once I seen the final un-molding of the soap It reminded me so much of Hay and the colors mimicked Fall colors.

Harvest Hayride, 2016 Fall Soap Collection http://www.thesoapiefrolic.com

Next Fall Soap Made


The 2nd soap in the Fall collection is Green Apple Explosion! Apples are all about Fall and I love green apples such as the
golden Supreme, golden delicious, and blondee's we pick at our local apple orchard every year. These  apples are  a little sour and a little sweet! The best of both worlds! Great for baking apple pie or apple Crisp! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I do love the granny smith apple that I can buy at my local grocery store. Its the best for dipping into my homemade caramel sauce. YUMMY! but if I had to choose I would rather pick my own apples! So my inspiration for my green apple explosion soap came from the love of green apples and apple picking in the Fall with my family. Our family tradition is apple picking in the Fall and I hope this will carry on. My grand-daughter loves picking apples and seeing all the pumpkins in the pumpkin patch! My second grand daughter will be born right after thanksgiving this year and I know she will love apples and picking them when she gets  a little older.








This Coming week I will be making my last Fall soap in this Collection but there will be More soaps like our Halloween collection and our X-mas and winter collection!  Stay tuned for Upcoming New products! I have some very cool Halloween bath treats coming soon!




Enjoy your Sunday, friends!

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment